As a member of Whetstone Valley Electric Cooperative, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Reliable, cost-based electric service
- Access to energy-related information, products and services
- Capital credits, a share in the cooperative's margins (surplus revenues)
- Attending and voting at the Whetstone Valley Electric Coop Annual Celebration and Meeting
- Representation by a nine-member Board of Directors
- Member bus tours to electric generation and transmission facilities
- Youth scholarships and tours to Washington, D.C.
- Monthly Cooperative Connections Magazine
To Apply for Service:
- Sign an Application for Membership
- Make a $300 credit deposit and/or furnish a credit letter from applicant's most recent power supplier
- Pay any prior amounts owed the Coop
- Furnish a wiring permit before connection, for new service only, if required by South Dakota Electrical Commission rules
If you do not currently have an account in your name with Whetstone Valley Electric Coop., you must complete an Application for Membership. A membership application form is available below. Upon completion, call the business office at 605.432.5331 for further instructions and information.
Note: The files above require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download that system here